In the state of Georgia, the law mandates minimum liability coverage requirements for motor vehicle owners and lessees. This includes bodily injury insurance of $25,000 per person, general liability insurance of $50,000 per occurrence, and property damage liability insurance of $25,000 per occurrence.
The following are various coverage options for auto insurance:
- Bodily Injury Liability: it covers injuries to others caused by the policyholder while operating an automobile.
- Medical or Personal Injury Protection: It covers treatment of the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car in the event of an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: It covers damages caused to someone else’s property by the policyholder while operating an automobile.
- Collision: It insures the policyholder from loss during a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: It provides protection for the policyholder’s car from damage and loss resulting from incidents other than collision.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: It covers medical treatment of the policyholder’s injuries in the event of a collision with an uninsured driver.
As an independent Georgia insurance agent working for you, my job is to first understand your coverage needs and then compare and contrast various auto insurance coverage options provided by different insurance companies at different rates to help you find the best coverage at the most competitive rates.
Let me provide you with an instant auto insurance quote, free of any obligation. Also, feel free to contact me for answers to any of your specific questions.